Advocacy Objective and Content
The Advocacy objective of Africa Global Emergence Center (AGEC) is to influence the adoption of policies, programmes, projects and agreements that contribute towards regional economic integration and maximise the productive sectors of the economies of the continent. To this end, the programme content for advocacy shall include but not limited to:
- Presenting the positive narratives, growth potentials and opportunities of the continent
- Leadership and Governance
- Regional integration and south-south cooperation
- Intra-Africa trade
- Science technology and innovation (STI) as key lever for structural transformation
- Value-Addition movement from low-value production to high value-addition production,
- Peace and Security
- Local enterprises development
- International development agreements that support poverty reduction and forms of development that are ecologically acceptable locally and internationally. Examples include SDGs and Climate Change.
• Conferences and meetings
• Roundtable discussions
• Briefing sessions
• Recognition through awards and citations for various categories of innovation, creativity, leadership, etc.